20, Nov 2010 by J L Wilson">J L Wilson in Resources and Links
publishing resources, writing resources
By JL Wilson
* Useful writing tips (I can attest to these):
* Will physical books be obsolete in 5 years? The developing world may drive the future of books…
* This blog makes a good point about success. We all have to define it for ourselves and I think that’s especially true in publishing, where there are a lot of so-called best-seller lists which supposedly define success.
* Here’s a good post about marketing (these are my peeves, too):
* Dorchester’s problems continue (warning: strong language ahead).
* This was fun (and a bit complex): Female character flowchart.
* And now for humor: the ultra-summarized Book-a-Minute!
* For NaNoWriMo, but pertinent at any time, I think: What novel should you write?
* And what NaNoWriMo is not.
* You can now ‘lend’ your ebooks via Amazon. What does this mean? Here’s some thoughts on it.
* Interesting discussion about authorial voice (especially in the comments):
* Have you been asked to do a book review? Here are some tips on how to do it:
* I agree with this: bookstores have to reinvent themselves in order to stay viable. Not sure if this is the right approach, but it’s a thought:
* Seriously: don’t think you can plagarize text in today’s world. Really.
Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *
Beyond Magazine, ©2016 How To Write Shop