23, Jan 2013 by J L Wilson">J L Wilson in Resources and Links
A lot of predictions this month… let’s see if they pan out.
* I wonder if this foretells another merger in the works?
* Yep. Hell is a book tour. Enough said.
* Nothing stunning — ebook reading is going up, print books are going down. Yep.
* A sanely worded response to the Facebook assertion that “authors giving away free books are [insert negative term here]”
* Predictions for 7 book trends in 2013.
* A Rip Van Winkle experience (being in jail then emerging to new technology). The comments were interesting.
* A “nastiest review” award. Really?
* Wow. An author missing millions of dollars. Somehow it’s hard to be sympathetic about this …
* Predictions, predictions, predictions …. the future of fiction is self-publishing, really?
* And more predictions ….
* Sort of a “duh” statement: kids are adoping ebooks faster than parents.
* B&N sales are down. Is the Nook to blame?
* Yet more predictions: words that will be banned. Hmm.
* What do you think? Is the novel beyond saving?
Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *
Beyond Magazine, ©2018 How To Write Shop