Just when you think it’s quietening, some author raises his or her head and starts another brouhaha. It’s always something!
* Does spelling matter? Hmm, yeah, it does…
* The “slow death of the American author” — what’s your thoughts on this?
* Oh, wait. No, we’re not dying a slow death!
* And another interesting refutation of death.
* I confess, I don’t read online news as much as I used to because I hate the ads.
* A message to book snobs (and I’ve met a few in my day!)
* Interesting critique of a book that defends romance. Bad quotes chosen?
* Here’s a whole boatload of writing tips (maybe not a boatload, but a web site full, at least)
* Inside a publishing house. Interesting video.
* Amazon bought Goodreads, and why? See the answer here.
* PubIt becomes Nook Press. Does it matter to anyone?
* News about self-publishing and market share. No surprises here?
* Some actual publishing numbers. I confess, I don’t track this very well for myself. Perhaps I should…
* Thoughts on the future of publishing. Subscription services? I am intrigued.
* Reading about writing can, indeed, become a very time-consuming pasttime.