I think I have cowboys on the brain. I was just at a conference in Colorado and there were cowboys everywhere (so to speak). Anyway, here are the links of June — some interesting picks here, I think.
* Yet another self-pubbed author & promotion sock puppetry … or is it?
* I like some of these choices for kick-ass heroine. I may need to look up the ones I don’t know.
* 10 reasons to feel sorry for writers. I don’t know, I’m a writer and most don’t apply to me. Maybe.
* Just say ‘no’ (creative people need to say ‘no’ more often). I have no problem with this.
* Libraries and museums: mapped. Very nice.
* Outlander on TV – I wonder who will play Jamie and Claire?
* Self-published books are 12% of sales. I would have thought more, really.
* Stephen King skipping ebooks? I wonder why?
* I’m surprised an erotica book was allowed in prison.
* A fascinating look at language in America — what dialect do you follow?
* 9 books that people will judge you for reading. Not sure I agree with this, but interesting.
* A BEA round-up (more posts are available if you want to search them out). I’ve never been, so have no idea what it’s all about. I report it here in the interest of “it’s about publishing so here it is”.More on: publishing resources • writing resources