Links that made me go, hmm?
24, Jul 2013 by J L Wilson">J L Wilson in Resources and Links
It seems like the links (or perhaps my interest) skittered around a lot this month.
* An interesting post by Jenny Cruisie about her writing muse, which has dried up.
* How to Pitch (some good tips here and in Part 1):
* Book covers: then and now. What do you think?
* Rules of writing, Star Trek style.
* How authors feel when they’re reading books. I feel the same.
* What’s in a name? Turns out, quite a lot.
* Interesting graphic about reading habits. Me? I give a book 25 pages. If I’m not hooked, it’s gone.
* Snort: Removing one letter from a title. Who knew it could be so apt, somehow?
* I like the idea of a community bookstore.
* How Rowlings was unmasked (as it were).
* A nice summary about the ebook law suit/price war, Apple & the Department of Justice.
* Why your ebook and your print book may not be the same.
* It’s not books, but some of these movies are based on books, so it counts, right? 50 books for 50 states.
* I confess I wasn’t even aware of some of these “literary techniques”
* I find it disturbing that Orson Scott Card talks about tolerance in this way. Creepy.