25, Sep 2013 by J L Wilson">J L Wilson in Resources and Links
As usual, I have a rather eclectic mix this month…
* Biggest (ahem) dick moves in literature. I tend to agree….
* Teen movie adaptations that are fails. I wonder why? (I haven’t read many of these books so can only speculate)
* 11 authors who kept their day jobs. Who knew?
* Who is Jonathan Franzen and why does anyone take him seriously? Regardless, here’s a nice rebuttal of one of his rambling rants.
* Some interesting writing tricks here. I may try a few….
* Goodreads (now owned by Amazon) is deleting reviews. Since I don’t read reviews (of my books or others), I played past this. Does it bother you?
* I did a “send books to reviewers for reviews website” once and never again. Not sure it’s worth it. Was it worth it for these authors?
* The biggest publishers … as of today.
* Jokes for grammar nerds. Snort.
* Interesting bookstores around the world.
* Nothing to do with books, but cool nonetheless. Inventive street art.
* What was a scandal years ago? Check it out!
* Here’s what Star Wars can teach us about writing. Not bad…
* Here’s a distinction: books abandoned in hotel rooms.
* Long odds for unknown authors. Um, duh?
* Grammar rules, as only the Oatmeal can do …
* 10 books college freshmen should read. Hmm. I have several college degrees & haven’t read these. Should I?
Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *
Beyond Magazine, ©2018 How To Write Shop