Holiday happenings here and there
27, Nov 2013 by J L Wilson">J L Wilson in Resources and Links
Here’s a few stories that caught my eye in between prepping for the holidays… enjoy!
*I’ve had some bad covers in my day, but not this bad (okay. maybe this bad).
* Some possible new trends in publishing (?)
* This applies to writing, not just screenplays: characterization.
* Publishers’ Weekly “Best Books of 2013,” none of which I have probably read. In my defense, I’m too busy writing to be reading.
* Cover art tips that I think are spot on.
* Good writing tips (a few oldies but goodies here)…
* ::giggle:: Newspaper corrections, some of which are classics.
* Grammar mistakes made by those who correct grammar.
* Euw. What is on that book you borrowed from the library?
* What editors can do for you (self-published or not). Of course, a *bad* editor can be a true headache, so take with a grain of salt.
* Romance: by women, for women, reviewed by women.
* Words banned from reviews (I think I agree with this).
* Ah, the “bad sex” awards. I haven’t read any of these books, but I may try one or two just for a laugh.
* “Pinkwashing” a book to make it suitable for a child. Maybe you just shouldn’t read it yet?
* Which state matches your personality?
* I never read the Sookie series so wasn’t aware of the reaction. Interesting about a new series?
* More on Charlane Harris. I agree with this: sometimes it’s time to call it quits. Why do they keep writing?