There are a few Ho-Ho-Ho ones here.
* Interesting look at how books get printed (in pictures).
* Some very nifty libraries here. Don’t know how much reading I’d do!
* These really are quite good: book nerd puns. Snort.
* The government has spent money studying romance. Why?
* Yikes. Being sued for a bad review?
* Amazon’s best-seller lists (with few Amazon authors). Hmm.
* I’d quibble with this. How many drinks did Bond finish?
* More effects from the Fifty Shades legacy, this time around vocabulary. I’m sorry. I really am tired of the “naughty words” in my fiction.
* Wow. A country is digitizing its book assets. All of them. For free.
* A good article about self-publishing: those who hit it rich, and those who didn’t.
* Independent publishers (self-pubbed) getting clobbered by big book publishers. Well, duh.
* Predictions for 2014 (in book marketing). I rather think these are spot on.
* Creative and non-creative people. I think the final sentence sums it up nicely.
* One author’s writing process. I tend to do the same regarding a character’s background.
* Some memorably bad sex scenes (not R-rated, don’t worry)
* What a writer’s income looks like (from a survey)
* The old “READ” posters from the 80s. Many celebrities who are gone (but not forgotten).
* Interesting survey about symbolism in fiction from a student who asked authors about it.
* Many agents do come off as condescending, and here’s one reason why.
* Literary self-loathing...I don’t know, I’m not self-loathing (but I’m not considered “Literary”, either).