22, Jan 2014 by J L Wilson">J L Wilson in Resources and Links
A new year, and some new links!
* Henry Miller’s Rules for Writing. My one rule is: sit down and write. No excuses. Makes it easy to remember.
* Predictions, predictions, predictions.
* “Shelf help” (self-help) books. Not sure why they need a new name.
* The boy’s club again, in an article with many useful links.
* I never read Wind in the Willows (I had an odd reading life as a child). I may need to read this now.
* Useful words that we should include in English. I rather like #3.
* Some of these bookcases are clever, some are downright scary.
* Eccentricities of great writers. Some…truly eccentric.
* Ebooks and print books: some interesting statistics
* Sherlock Holmes is in the public domain. Not big news perhaps, except for those of us with a Holmes story or two we’d like to have see the light of day.
* These are magazine layout fails that are too funny to be true (except they are)
* I’d be happy to earn $100 a day on my books, much less $9K.
* Similar to other library slideshows, this one is just American.
* How to write log lines (tag lines for books). Nicely explained.
* What not to say to an editor. ::snort::
Haaahhha. I’m not too bright today. Great post!
Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *
Beyond Magazine, ©2017 How To Write Shop